Whilst we have no academic entry point for the Leadership Academy, the application process is designed to satisfy the admission board that you meet the following requirements:
1. A commitment to Jesus Christ as your personal saviour
2. Aged 18 or over
3. A pastoral referee* who supports your application. This must be someone in a position of leadership at a church where you have attended for at least 12 months
4. A character referee* who supports your application. This must be someone who knows you through your education such as a teacher or tutor, or someone who knows you through employment such as a manager or supervisor
5. An assessment, at interview, by the Leadership Academy admissions board that you will be able to successfully complete the course
6. A proficient enough level of English to be able to complete the course successfully. (See the section on Overseas Students and Standards of English in the Practical Information for Applicants document)
6. A plan in place to be able to pay your tuition fees
1. Read the ‘Guidelines for Students’ document
This sets out some of our key expectations for students and it’s really important that you are familiar with this document before you apply.
2. Complete the application form
A paper copy of the application form is included in this document. You can download an electronic copy of it from our website, or you can complete an application directly on our website.
3. Find a pastoral and character referee who support your application
Before sending the application in you need two referees to support your application – one for a pastoral reference and one for a character reference. Neither of these can be a member of your family. You need to give a copy of the reference form to your referees for them to complete and send in to us. The reference forms can be found at the end of this document or you can download them from our website. These can either be completed by hand and posted to us or completed electronically and emailed to us.
The pastoral referee must be someone in a position of leadership at a church where you have attended for at least 12 months.
The character referee must be someone who knows you through your education such as a teacher or tutor, or someone who knows you through employment such as a manager or supervisor.
4. Send in your application.
There is an application fee or £20 which you can pay by including a cheque with your application form when you post it, or the website will charge you £20 on a credit card when you submit your application online. Once we receive it we will contact you to let you know its arrived and then wait for your references to arrive. Once we have the references we will contact you and arrange an interview.
A really important part of application process for us is that you understand the culture and atmosphere of our church. Where possible we always like to ensure that applicants have visited our church before, or come to visit as part of the application process. However, we do understand in the case of some foreign students this may not be possible. If you are unable to come for a visit we recommend that you try and listen to some of our senior pastors preaching via podcast or CD as this will give you some insight into our church culture.
The interview will usually be conducted in person and we will arrange a date with you to come to our campus in Bradford, or alternatively if this is not feasible we will arrange a telephone or skype interview with you. If you have never been to our church before we usually recommend that you come for an interview on a weekend and we conduct the interview after one of our Sunday service.